Implants & Dentures
At Dental Arts Group, our team of expert dental professionals is dedicated to restoring our patients’ smiles to their fullest potential with dental implants and dentures—ensuring both functionality and confidence. Our team understands the importance of a healthy, fully functional smile, and we strive to provide the best possible solutions for each of our patients.
With years of experience and training, our Sewell, NJ dental providers are uniquely equipped to handle any dental implant or denture need with precision and expertise. We take pride in offering personalized treatment plans that are tailored to meet the individual needs of each patient, and we are committed to delivering the highest quality patient care along the way. Whether you are seeking dental implants or dentures, we are here to help you achieve a beautiful, restored smile that you can be proud of. Read below to learn more!
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a small, titanium post that is surgically placed into the jawbone to serve as a replacement for a missing tooth or teeth. The implant itself consists of three parts: the implant post, the abutment, and the restoration.
- The implant post is the part that is inserted into the jawbone. It is a small, screw-like post that is made of biocompatible titanium, which is the same material used in a range of medical implants. The implant body is designed to integrate with the surrounding bone tissue in a process called osseointegration, which allows the implant to become a permanent part of the jawbone.
- The abutment is the connector piece that attaches to the top of the implant post. It protrudes above the gum line and serves as a support for the restoration. Abutments come in various shapes and sizes to accommodate different types of dental restorations.
- The restoration is the visible part of the implant and is the part that resembles a natural tooth/teeth. It is typically made of porcelain or ceramic and is custom-made to match the size, shape, and color of the patient’s surrounding teeth. Restorations can come in the form of crowns, bridges, or full-arch prosthetics.
Overall, dental implants offer a durable, long-lasting solution for missing teeth that look, feel, and function like natural teeth. They can be used to replace one or multiple teeth, and with proper care, can last a lifetime.
The Benefits Of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer numerous benefits over other tooth replacement options because they are securely anchored to the jawbone by an artificial root—allowing them to fully replicate the structure of natural teeth. Additional benefits of dental implants include the following:
- Improved speech: Missing teeth can affect your speech, causing you to slur or mumble your words. Dental implants allow you to speak clearly and confidently, without worrying about your teeth slipping or falling out.
- Improved comfort: Unlike dentures, dental implants are permanently fixed in your mouth and don’t require any adhesives or special care. This means you can eat, speak, and smile with confidence, without worrying about your teeth shifting or slipping.
- Improved oral health: Dental implants are designed to fuse with your jawbone, providing a stable and secure foundation for your replacement teeth. This helps to prevent bone loss and preserve the natural shape of your face.
- Improved convenience: Dental implants are a long-term solution for missing teeth, and with proper care, can last a lifetime. They don’t require any special maintenance or cleaning, and can be brushed and flossed just like your natural teeth.
The TeethXpress® Advantage
Losing one or more of your teeth creates a gap in your smile, affects your ability to chew properly, and may cause you to alter your diet and nutritional intake. In addition to these serious issues, did you know that tooth loss also leads to bone loss? When a tooth is removed, the jawbone beneath it begins to shrink and becomes brittle from lack of stimulation. Not only does losing teeth affect your smile, missing teeth can also change the shape of your face, causing you to look older.
TeethXpress procedures use implants with Laser-Lok technology. A truly remarkable innovation, Laser-Lok is a series of cell-sized microchannels that are precisely laser-machined onto the implant surface. While virtually all implants on the market have a roughened surface to promote attachment of bone cells, only Laser-Lok channels are optimally sized to attach bone cells and gum cells. This enhances stability and seals out food particles and other debris that could get below the gum line and cause infection.
Dentures are another popular tooth replacement option that can be used to replace one or more missing teeth. Dentures are custom-made to fit your mouth, and they can be either partial or full dentures.
- Full dentures, also known as complete dentures, are designed to replace all of the teeth in the upper or lower jaw or both. They consist of a gum-colored polymer base that sits over the gums, and a set of artificial teeth that are attached to the base. Full dentures are typically held in place by suction, and may also be secured with dental adhesive.
- Partial dentures, on the other hand, are designed to replace one or several missing teeth in the upper or lower jaw. They consist of a metal framework that attaches to the remaining natural teeth using clasps or other connectors. Artificial teeth are designed into the framework to fill in the gaps where the teeth are missing.
Both full and partial dentures are typically removable, making them easy to clean and maintain.
If you’re missing one or more teeth, Dental Arts Group can help. Our team of experienced dental professionals will work with you to develop a customized treatment plan that meets your unique needs and helps you achieve the smile you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about our dental implant and denture services. We look forward to discussing how we can partner together for the best solution for you!